Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A first cousin after all!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 4 Oct 2013 16:39

I grew up in a tiny family with no cousins. Not a geat deal was known about my father's background as he was abandoned in a workhouse with his younger brother at a very early age. There was always a possibility that his brother may have had children but it was something we didn't think much about. Two years ago I was asked by a GR member if I was related to Reginald Lawson as he was his son. I thought this was highly unlikely until I was given more facts. Indeed, Nick and I met each other in our 70th year in 2011. He was an only child and again was abandoned by his father. I was able to fill him in on all the details I'd collected through my research. What a wonderful thing to happen when you reach 70! I have a first cousin after all!!!!! Pauline Lawson