Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Suzanne Rosser's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 13 Mar 2004 00:12

This is a sucsess story in one way but in another it is very sad. I had not seem my father since I was 3 years old in 1948. I did not even know what he looked like. The only thing I knew about him was his name, date of birth and where he went to live when my mother and he split up. my sister and I had been searching for him for such a long time when one day about 3 months ago a friend of mine put his name in the search box and low and behold she found him. After some cross checking to make sure I had the correct man, I contacted the lady who's family tree he was on. She turned out to be our half sister not only that but we had two more half sisters and half brother. Unfortuatly my father had died two months before and his other family did not know my sister and I existed. It was such a shock to my fathers other family that they have decided not to keep in touch. This is such a shame because although we could never been as close as family we might have become friends. One thing did come from all this though. My half sister sent me a photo of my father of which I am very grateful Not all stories can have a happy ending I surpose. Sue Rosser