Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

school records ;amazingly useful

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

brigid

brigid Report 30 Dec 2014 13:30

My great grandfather came from Russia i found him with his mother on Manchester census 1891 and I eventually tracked him in 1901 and 1911 to his death in 1924 ..with lots of help from GR members
. .

I learnt that he was the 2nd sibling of 12 from his hospital records which named a sister In scotland as next of kin
her death certificate gave both Parents name s

research led me to see that his Mother had died in Russia + the person on 1891 column with him in 1891 was his father .
more siblings + a step-mother turned up +
A possible family was in 1901 Birkenhead with different 1st name for father but no sign of them in 1911

School records for the children in Manchester between 1891 and 1903 prove that their father (Leizer-mendel fellman in Russia )used various first names in GB ; mendel, Meyer, Lazarus and Samuel

The Manchester Jews School records give the childrens addresses + often a date of birth so I also found an elder brother's children
interestingly the original has Child Adolf father Barius Feldman but the transcription has father name Jacob

I would not have seen this if I'd juts looked at transcription THANK YOU PLATINUM SUBSCRIPTION OFFER
It's lovely to scroll down originals + see the family names + addresses of all the children ..

I

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 5 Jan 2015 16:33

Hi Brigid,

Great to see that you made discoveries using Genes Reunited! Thank you for posting.

Shelley