Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Paul Bland's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dave the Tyke

Dave the Tyke Report 26 Mar 2004 08:39

I took advice from you good people and wrote a very appealing letter explaining that I would like to meet but didn't want to cause embarressment etc etc. Well a week later I got a reply with a photo and some info about grandparents, even my father's name plus explanation, single mother living with her mother in a 3 child household without a father. Mum's children by a later marriage do not know about me so she wants it to remain that way. Now at 57 my search has finally almost come to an end. I say almost because I may now try to trace my father who mum hasn't had any contact with. My next message may be asking for advice on contacting dad. Thanks everyone especially Joan Allen at My Folks web site. Dave