Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Patricia Jane Henderson's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane Patricia

Jane Patricia Report 26 Mar 2004 21:34

Thanks to GC I have now found my birth family. Thank you so much. I registered about 6 months ago with my birth name, and a few days before my 41st birthday in February this year I got an e.mail from John who it turned out was my brother. He and his siblings found out about me 13yrs ago when they found some papers regarding my adoption. I was 8 days old when I went to my adoptive family for reasons my birth mum felt were necessary. John tried through various ways to find me for those 13yrs. Then in February this year he registered on Friends Reunited, and through there logged onto GC, and he found me, sent me an e.mail and we have never looked back since then. Up until that point my only blood relatives were my own children. Now I have a whole new family even older siblings ( I was the oldest of 5 in my adoptive family). I have now met the woman that gave me life and she is so happy to have found me, and I am so happy to have found my birth family. Thank you John, thank you GC and thank you my adoptive Mum and Dad. XXX Jane Henderson (birth name Paricia Ainsworth)