Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I found my sister yesterday !!!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JULIE

JULIE Report 30 Sep 2016 11:51

Hi everyone,

I would just like to share my wonderful story and news with you all.

I joined GR a few years back after seeing a message in the South Yorkshire Times from a lady who had been searching for her birth mother for over 40 years.
I knew that my Mum had been forced to adopt her first child due to being only 16 at the time. This practice was common back in those days and it led to a lot of people being separated from their families.
I replied to the editor of the paper but never got a reply. The article was three years old though. So I continued my search through GR and other means such as looking through electoral roles and contacting people.
Now after years and years of searching I finally found my long lost older sister yesterday and she is soon to be reunited with her birth mother, My Mum. My sister did not know that I even existed up until yesterday. We are all very happy?? blown away but over joyed.

Never give up hope as this shows that our searches for our loved ones are never in vain. Hope leads to success, which can be just around the very next corner......
I pray that your searches are successful and that you too are reunited with your family members.

Thank you so much GR and all those that have replied to my messages.
Xxx