Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Research of G.G.Grandmother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 25 May 2020 10:40

On doing research of my GG Grandmother Mary Holmes Nee Costello found a 3rd cousin her g.grandfather and mine were Brothers went to Stoke on Trent in 2017 and had look round and met up with Cousin I'm also thankful for all Genes reunited members who helped me find out about her I've still to find out where she came from before her marriage in Stoke in 1835 to a James Holmes thanks also to Researchers in Stoke Archive for information they've given me it was nice going to Longton and see the little street where my gran lived in 1915 Short street now even shorter as only 3 houses remain and listed p.s the Cousin I met here on Genes she was researching our mutual g.g Grandmother Thanks Everyone! If anyone knows about her life before her Marriage please let me know ! Or if you are Descended from Mary I've fully researched her from 1835 when she married in Stoke don't know where in Ireland she was from on Census says Ireland but Costello most used in Co Kerry p.s from 1850 onwards was with Joseph Emery they never married I'm assuming she was still married to James and they parted company Joseph was my g.g Grandfather