Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What an amazing journey ... over three decades..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Doreima

Doreima Report 31 Dec 2022 17:21

With the help of many people and having joined Genes Reunited I have finally found my peace and feel it's time to share my story with you all. Having spent years in children's homes when I was a young child, the only person with me then was my half-sister, we shared our dear mother but had different fathers. Mother had a very difficult life. My journey has been long and far reaching, costly, and at times painful, but here I am now calm and well informed as to who I really am and where I fit in. It has been truly WORTH IT. In pursuit of information I've travelled to many destinations in UK, Canada, America, and have made contacts in Holland and Australia, and also found three living relatives. My family tree was sparse to start with but now has many people listed so I have a genealogy chart for my family to keep. My grown-up children are amazed to learn about all of this as it's their family too. I now have people to stay in touch with and graves to visit. I sought help from agencies, the Department of Vital Statistics in Canada, and a registrar at the BMD department in Berkshire, all were helpful and provided documents. Also along the way I was guided by a clergyman as I'd made contact with him, an undertaker, and an MP. My message to those still searching..don't give up, don't be afraid to ask for help and stay with Genes Reunited because out there somewhere is the information you are seeking. Best wishes, Doreima.