Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Victor Southern's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victor

Victor Report 27 Jul 2004 15:19

On 19th June I saw that my maternal grandfather was in someone else's Tree. I emailed him and found it was my [much younger] cousin and that he had been working on his family tree for over 30 years. His research has assisted me hugely and he has gone out of his way to make a search at the PRO for some other information. So, Genes Reunited really works. I emailed another lady who had my maternal grandmother on her tree. She replied at once but it was really collateral to her main branch so that was no advance but - she was so nice about it! I found another relative on someone else's list but have had no result from 2 emails to him so not all are as obliging.