Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shane Howe's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shane

Shane Report 2 Jan 2006 10:25

After trying to find my father after 2 years who I have not known since I was 2 years of age (I am now 31), I went onto the genes web site at the beginning of October and done a search for my fathers name to see what results returned. I did not get very many results but I emailed all the results and found one person who had a relative called Henry Rennox (Sony). I did not get a great response from the person that I emailed as she did not know her family tree to well. So I tracked this person’s address and phone number down by other means. After speaking to the person I found he was my grandfathers brother, he then gave me my grandfathers name and address in Canada. I spoke with my grandfather and he gave me phone numbers of aunts and uncles also in Canada and said that my father was working with one of my uncle’s but he did not have a number for him. I called my aunt’s and uncle’s and eventually found and spoke to my father after 28 years. I would like to say thank you to Genes Reunited and all the people that replied to my emails. This has made a big change in my life as I don’t have much family and now I have more than ever. I am Getting Married in August and am taking my honeymoon in Canada to visit all the family as well as my father. Thanks Again To All That Helped. Shane Howe (Rennox). xXx