Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Loretta Alexander's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Arabella

Arabella Report 17 Nov 2006 16:13

I would like to thank the following Ancestry members without whom I would probably have got nowhere in trying to find my ancestors from the paternal side of my family: Chrisitne Peake, Judy Adams and Liz Rigley. Christine set me going when I hadn't a clue what I was doing and found the first vital clue - the marriage of my grandparents. I never knew my Ward grandfather, who died sometime between 1939 and 1945 (He is in the 1939 London phone directory and he's down as deceased on my parents' marriage certificate). Apart from knowing the names of my London grandparents I knew nothing more than that my Father's grandmother was Annie or Ann O'Leary - in fact I learned this was Leary eventually). Now I know the Ward family as far back as 1800 (and to my surprise they originated in Manchester), who the Wards married, where they lived, what occupations they had, and have begun to really learn about their lives. Very latterly, thanks to Judy and Liz I have been able to find the Learys - enough about them to know that my 3x great grandparents came from Ireland, maybe from Co. Kerry. It has been so exciting and I am extremely grateful to Christine, Judy & Liz. Judy has also been such a help in my reserarch into my huband's family. Thanks again!