Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lisa Warner's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa Jane

Lisa Jane Report 21 Nov 2006 15:17

I would just like to add my success story so far...... I joined genes reunited last July (2005) and have done pretty well especially with the help of people on the records & tips board. The best bit this May 4/5 days before her 90th birthday a found my Great Aunt on my Dads side we have corresponded ever since. I then found the daughter of my Dads cousin who lives in Sweden and we now correspond and she has sent me some great photos. Then just recently I have had help from two great ladies in Australia on the Warners that emigrated out there. Margaret thank you so much for all your help and the information you passed on to me. Thank you Grace who has now become a dear friend my Sherlock Holmes. Grace found My Great Aunts cousin alive and at the great age of 86 living in Australia. My Sherlock Holmes even went and met him and took photos. When starting my family tree I didnt know what it would bring me well I now know it has brought me great joy. I have never thought I looked anything like my Dads family I thought there was nothing of the Warners in me but now I know through great friends and family I have the Warner eye's and mouth. Thank you all so much Lisa xx