Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anthony Duffy's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

paddyjock

paddyjock Report 19 Dec 2006 00:55

IWith the help, expertise, guidance and counsel of a lady to whom I shall refer only by her first name, Margaret, I have traced relatives whom I never even knew existed. The true nature of deaths recorded in death certs has proved that so much of what I was told were lies and poppycock. Records of births and marriages when I have received them have again confounded 'family lore' and at least my children and grandchildren will have documented proof to back up the proper details of their family history. Through Margaret I have found and been in contact with family in Canada who in turn have been delighted at finding out so much about their own antecedents which we have in common. What I have uncovered directly and indirectly could be the basis of yet another Catherine Cookson best selling novel. Thank you Margaret for your help and encouragement and to all fellow (is that PC?) searchers on Genes United, may all your certificates come up trumps in 2007. Anthony