Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jane Willcox's success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 2 Jan 2007 15:14

NELL FLYNN. I was trying to trace my mums eldest sister who had died aged 29 when my mum was only 5. We knew she had married and had 2 children but nothing elase. We lost touch years ago. I wrote to an aunt who remembered her married name and the 2 childrens names. The son was only known by a nickname so i knew i couldn't find him on Genes. I put his sisters name and rough estimate of birth year into Genes and there was her name on their. I emailed the contact name and within 20 mins he emailed me back to say he was her son and he lives 10 mins from me. His mum (my cousin) lives about 25 mins away and was born 12 days after my mum(her aunt) We are in regular contact now and are hoping to meet soon. This all happened in December just before christmas. I'm so excited and can't wait to meet them. We've emailed pictures to each other. There is a family resemblance. i would never have found them without Genes reunited. Thank you so much for your brilliant website. I recommend it to people all the time. Regards, Jane Willcox (Nee Brennan.)