Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FAMILY FOR LITTLE ORPHAN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CasCas

CasCas Report 7 Nov 2007 19:39

Largely thanks to Genes Reunited I've been able to locate a family I never knew I had. My dad now almost 83 was placed in an orphanage from birth and never knew his parents who had never married. Thanks to this site I have discovered and found relatives on both sides who didnt know we existed. I have met family, visited graves of my grandmother and dad's siblings, been in contact with my grandfathers family and hopefully will find his grave soon too. I have really enjoyed this adventure and my dad is thrilled to bits to know where he came from and why his life took the turn it did. So many questions have been answered. I now have a lovely picture of my beautiful grandmother who died aged only 25. The icing on the cake would be a photo of my grandfather too - but Im still working on that one.
Cathie