Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

find living relatives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jansmith

jansmith Report 13 May 2011 21:47

would it be possible to add something like a tick box to inform if a personal message has been sent that has answered the request on living relatives site?

jax

jax Report 13 May 2011 21:56

Best thing to do is get rid of this private message business. There is nothing worse than getting a pm from someone days or weeks later saying a couple of words which mean nothing and having to find out what it was all about ...if you can be bothered that is

I pm'd someone 3 days ago on that board still has not been opened....do I care now?.....NO

jax

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 May 2011 21:58

The poster can mark the request as answered.

Jax, - I know quite a lot of people who only check emails/messages once a week so they may be like that.

Kath. x

jax

jax Report 13 May 2011 22:07

In that case they should not post on that board, because most of those threads need extra info before anything can be found for them. When its done by pm its then a case of you started it you have to carry on.

Then again there is always the chance of half a dozen people asking the same question

jax