Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHO'S ONLINE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 17 Jun 2011 13:53

DONT KNOW IF ALLREADY MENTIONED THIS
BUT HOW ABOUT A WHOSE ONLINE ..SO WE CAN SEE IF PERSON WHO POSTED A TOPIC IS STILL ONLINE WHEN DOING A LOOK UP

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 17 Jun 2011 15:08

Hi Dizzi

This would only work if everyone logged out, which they don't or everyone was automatically logged out when navigating away from the site

Gai

Gai Report 18 Jun 2011 03:56

Dizzi,

Fantastic idea.

I understand where you are coming from. I believe you are thinking of the current system that works with Facebook or msn. If you see someone online on Facebook then you can live chat with them which works great for me with the overseas relatives. Much cheaper than a phone call.

I'm a member of a couple of Forum Boards and when you log in next to your user name it states whether you are on or offline. We don't have the facility to live chat like facebook or msn.

I think it would be a brilliant idea and while you wouldn't need live chat on genes it would help with lookups.

Gai :-)

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 18 Jun 2011 09:21

LOOK UPS WOULD WORK QUICKER IF YOU KNEW WHO PUT RQ IN WAS ONLINE TO ANSWER ANY THING YOU FIND SO YOU CAN CARRY ON LOOKING

GEORGINA

GEORGINA Report 19 Jun 2011 23:22

Hi Dizzi

It seems like a good idea as far as helpers are concerned. But, I never assume that anyone is going to help me immediately especially if it late.
Also if I have been online too long I am quite likely to fall off my chair and have to be put to bed. NO NOT DRUNK, just epilepsy. :-\
Someone did complain once that I had posted then left, but sometimes it is unavoidable and some people are very intolerant. No not you.
I think that if someone has been dead they can wait another day to be found, don't you?

regards before I disappear to bed,
carol

ps Hope you are still visiting your special doll.

GEORGINA

GEORGINA Report 20 Jun 2011 21:45

sorry if I have killed your thread Dizzi, please ignore me and carry on without me. :-\

Joy

Joy Report 20 Jun 2011 21:54

Some sites give the option of showing being on or off line, which I think is quite a good idea.