Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BUG: New posts in thread not working FIXED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 23 Jun 2011 22:17

Since the changes recently I have noticed that the icon to say whether I have read a thread or not, or new posts added doesn't alter.......they all show as though I have never read them.....

A small glitch but annoying, I find myself reading posts again unless I remember to make a note of the time I logged off

Patricia

philmoir

philmoir Report 23 Jun 2011 23:01

hi patricia, thanks for the comment. i beileve you're not the first person to notice this and it will have to be something we reconsider.
phil

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Jun 2011 00:49

Phil

this has been mentioned before, and it is very annoying!

There is at least one thread on this board on the topic, plus on at least one other board, as well as mentioned on the GR wall on FB

One has to remember which thread one has read ....................... OK if your name is shown as the last poster, but not so easy if you had read but not posted!

Those folder icons have not shown new or read since the changes.

For a time about 2 weeks ago, all folders were automatically changed to read as of a certain time in the UK early morning ....... regardless of whether I had read that thread!

sylvia

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 24 Jun 2011 13:33

To be perfectly honest it is more than a little annoying. When helping on a particular thread it was so much easier when the icon was working because then you could instantly see whether new information was available were as now noting down last person and time thread read.

If it is a case of having the icon working and losing another feature then ask members what they would prefer. However, if on other sites, especially if they are free, everything is available then I would expect that to be achieved on here.

K

K Report 24 Jun 2011 16:22

I started a thread on this a while ago and whole heartedly agree.

When this facility started I was so pleased and would do without many other features if this returned.

Kay

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Jul 2011 06:55

just a gentle nudge as it is still the same for me, all posts showing unread.

philmoir

philmoir Report 4 Jul 2011 07:17

Hi All, No it's not forgotten. I have mentioned in a few posts that the all factors of the boards are being reviewed based on feedback since they were overhauled. And I hope to act on some of these for the next release. Thanks for your patience. Phil

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Jul 2011 09:40

Thank you Phil, I'll try to be patient a bit longer....

Patricia

Patricia Report 10 Aug 2011 08:32

Still not working......

Patricia

Patricia Report 23 Aug 2011 16:36

so another release and still not fixed...........

EDIT:- Changed the heading as now it is a very annoying glitch

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Aug 2011 01:32

I agree, Patricia.

It is very annoying!

sylvia

philmoir

philmoir Report 30 Aug 2011 17:12

This will be returned to normal in the next release, scheduled for Wednesday 7th September. Sorry for the delay in getting this function sorted.

Regards
Phil

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 30 Aug 2011 18:00

Thank you, Phil!
:-D :-D

Patricia

Patricia Report 31 Aug 2011 05:58

Thank you Phil, I shall look forward to that being restored

Patricia

Patricia Report 7 Sep 2011 17:45

Thank you GR and Phil this is now working! :-D