Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Messages to/from contacts in error

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 10 Jul 2011 10:04

After logging in this morning, firstly I had a reply to an email i didnt send, and also a message saying a contact had given access to her tree when she had done no such thing.
What is going on.????????????????
Sue

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 10 Jul 2011 11:53

Have you checked Contacts to see if there is previous correspondence? If you haven't made contact before then it is possible theat the other member was responding to a GR message such as a HotMatch notification.

It is not unknown to get a message saying someone had given you tree access to find out the haven't. What will have happened is that they were pressing buttons then realising what they have done, immediately revoke access.

jax

jax Report 10 Jul 2011 18:14

If you get an email saying someone has given you tree access it will not show up in your inbox but you will notice it when you check your list in the box at the top of your own tree.

I now have a huge great list of trees which I have no interest in because they are not related to me.

As IGP has said they may have realised and cancelled your access

jax

Sue

Sue Report 10 Jul 2011 22:33

Thanks for that.
Re the person who emailed me saying sorry she had no more info.,
I definitely did not send her an email, although she was in my contacts, from a few months ago, when she told me she had no more info.,
Yes, re the tree access, that could be possible.
Not to worry anyway!! It was just that the two things happening together made me wonder.
Sue
:-)