Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Would be better to close the site entirely during

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Jul 2011 11:39

maintenance...see the problem being able to post but then not view is causing on LR board !

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 13 Jul 2011 11:45

Phil looked like he was getting cross, 'sdfdsf Thread', thought perhaps he'd missed out the O's...lol, lol.

Chris :)

philmoir

philmoir Report 13 Jul 2011 11:49

The site should be back up and running normally now. We decided to carry out the work at this time of day, as it ensured that all staff who may or may not be needed would be available. In general the work has gone well, except for one oversight being the board posting. This should now be resolved.

I will be posting a technical update blog later explaining what we've been doing. My apologies for all the inconvenience over the last few weeks. I hope that you will all now see a significant improvement.

Regards
Phil Moir

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Jul 2011 11:52

should be but isn't Phil lol. not as of 11.52

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Jul 2011 11:57

Phil, The first post is missing on threads...see Emma's on LR...or Hayley's on Gen...for example

philmoir

philmoir Report 13 Jul 2011 12:11

Hi RR,

Any new threads that were created while we had the thread posting problem have not had the body of the original text saved to the database. Unfortunately we cannot recover this so threads like those will remain missing. For those threads that have not been replied to, I am deleting, and sending a PM to the author to report.

Is there anything else that doesn't appear to be working right? We don't believe there is anything else wrong.

Phil

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Jul 2011 12:17

Thanks Phil, aside from that seems ok.