Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

accessing help re emigration

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marina

Marina Report 24 Jul 2011 11:46

Have found relative who went to Canada as wife of repatriated Canadian serviceman in 1946 from Southampton. Tried to access further info. Was asked to pay for additional service. Tried to do this and was messaged that I was already a member and did not need to make additional paymnt and to contact support team quoting #10830803. Am going round in circles and still cannot access the info I would like. Help!
Highlander

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 24 Jul 2011 15:57

Marina

Since these people are possibly still alive try the "Find Living Relatives" Board

This board is really for Suggestions to GR(re problems or improvements !) :-)

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 24 Jul 2011 18:35

Well,it does look as though a suggestion is needed.

Marina is obviously finding her people via:
Search passenger lists
Enter a name to search millions of UK departure passenger lists between 1890 and 1960.

on GR

(which of course is FMPast)

Does anyone have an answer?

Maureen

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 24 Jul 2011 19:19

I think this must be a bug in the system and this is on the correct board because Marina is not asking for a lookup