Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RR'd threads

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 22 Feb 2012 10:51

.................................................................................................................................
i had a wonderfully fast responce of GR to a general query i emailed them with the day before yesterdy they responded within 24 hour with a very personal reply and i applaud them for this

however, i find it down hearting when people have post i find non contriversial RR'd, with no email of explaining which T&C they have broken,

i understand everyones tollerance to things are different and what i find fun, others may not, but if GR emailed the person who posted the post that they deem needs removing the least they could do is explain why,
and not just you breached terms and conditions. :-S

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Feb 2012 13:19

Agree Stray. I too had a very comprehensive reply to an e mail I sent to GR for which I was very grateful, and I agree about people's sense of humour all being different.

It is interesting though to note that if somebody is noticed constantly reporting threads that do not break T&Cs then they will receive an e mail from GR with a warning.

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 22 Feb 2012 13:36

i no they certainly threaten that, i know a past member who was told if they abused reporting they would be banned,

the thread yesterday was totally fun and if GR read the full thread they would have seen that, it annoys me they dont reply with a personal answer, or ven let people know somtimes

Joy

Joy Report 22 Feb 2012 13:43

A similar, though not the same situation occurred last month:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/suggestions/thread/1289147

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 22 Feb 2012 18:22

i know there were problems early januaury, i can search to :-)

but i felt it needed raising agian as its for different reasons,

:-D

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 22 Feb 2012 19:16

Absolutely Stray.

I still have absolutely no clue what t and c's the thread was removed for.....and have received no notification either of my *crime* or informing me that the thread was pulled.

It's a nonsense..how will I know not to do it again if i don't know what I did wrong in the first place lol x

Kense

Kense Report 22 Feb 2012 19:51

Was that the thread about threads not having been RR's recently? If not then that was another that was reported unnecessarily (and has since vanished).

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 22 Feb 2012 20:06

there has been a few lately KenSE,

all reported when they were fine,

your right muffy how will you know what you did wrong?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Feb 2012 20:20

Did you know that Free members can RR a thread????

They can't post on the Boards, but they can RR, and have posts and threads removed.

I also know that non-members can access the site and read threads .................. but don't know if they can also RR

I have RR'd threads in the past ........ but only ones that are in truth foully abusive or homophobic / discriminatory (yes, there have been a couple of those over the years)

I may not want to read many threads where people are insulting one another ....... but I CAN tell that it is in fun!

and I would never RR a post just because someone has a different opinion to me .... that's just "discussion".

The RR'd threads that I really have problems with are the ones that are RR'd on Genealogy Chat or Finding Ancestors, where someone is just asking for help finding gt gt grandfather etc.

That is what was happening in January ...... and at several periods during the last year or so. Absolutely NO reason for those to be RR'd

sylvia

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 22 Feb 2012 21:42

yes i knew free members can RR which i think is totally wrong,

i dont think people looking in can RR, without being a member,

i wish they would just tell you why you have had a thread/post deleted,

instead of the standard reply, like i say i had a query and had a wonderful personal reply, so why cant they do this with all :-|

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Feb 2012 21:58

StrayKitten

of course they should tell someone why a post or thread had been removed.

I don't know why they don't!

They never have, of course

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 23 Feb 2012 00:03

STRAY.
this is exactly what i said in my thread RRd posts,that was itself RRd ha ha.
ive sent GR four e mails asking for an explanation as to why my posts have been removed,and four times they have sent me the same standard mail back..its really annoying, no T&C breached,so why the removal? :-S :-S

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 23 Feb 2012 08:09

there was o reason for you thread ot be removed,
altho i did giggle a RR thread being RR lol