Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Your extrea advertisements

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwynne

Gwynne Report 19 Aug 2012 15:35

I Didn't like the advertisement suggesting that I might like to be 'turned on'. I felt it was unnesessary and lowering your standards.
Gwynne Wallis

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 Aug 2012 20:56

I must have missed that one, but it's probably better to contact GR directly using the 'Help' link in the menu...staff only read this board when they have time,which doesn't seem to be often lately.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 19 Aug 2012 22:02

Gwynne

I am very sensitive to that sort of thing too. Not seen ad, but humour is very subjective and what one will find funny, others will find offensive. Rose suggests best way of complaining.

I have to say though in the 3 weeks I have been watching threads on community (is it only 3 weeks?) the level is very high (both from Genes and their customers). Very little smut, a bit of flirting, plenty of fluffiness (Colonel Eldrick, lottery winner, take note). Plenty of heated debate. A quicker response to the news that Sky, and about a week ahead of the Western Mail (llais y Sais). And lots and lots of nice people.

Oh, and me too :-D

Gwynne

Gwynne Report 24 Aug 2012 19:42

I thought I had contacted GR direct!
Gwynne Wallis

Kense

Kense Report 24 Aug 2012 19:53

If you want to contact GR directly then click on HELP above (next to your name) and then on Contact Us.

Joy

Joy Report 24 Aug 2012 19:56

"If you want to contact GR directly then click on HELP above (next to your name) and then on Contact Us."

- or write to [email protected]

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 24 Aug 2012 19:57

Gwynne, Posting on the community boards is not the same as contacting GR direct,

To contact GR direct you need to send them a message using the "contact us" found in the help section at the top of the page

Roy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Aug 2012 10:00

Gwynne

If you don't want to see adverts, download some ad blocking software.

Masses of it about.........

Simon

Simon Report 29 Aug 2012 17:18

Gwynne,

Try Googling "Adblocker". It really works - and it's free! I now don't have any ads on my pc. Wonderful!! :-D