Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

returning to previous pages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eastmond

Eastmond Report 22 Aug 2012 21:12

Why doesn't Genes have a simple arrow feature enebling a searcher to return to the previous page. For example, when i am looking at Hot Matches and choose to view a hot match, it would be nice to be able to get straight back to the Hot match list when I've finished looking at that match. Instead i have to go back to the Hot Matches heading choose My Hot Matches and then select again the page I was on. It's got to be simpler than this!!

John Eastmond :-(

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 22 Aug 2012 22:16

Don't you have a return click on your mouse?

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 22 Aug 2012 22:19

or a back button on your browser?

Roy

Eastmond

Eastmond Report 24 Aug 2012 20:39

Thanks everyone. The problem seems to be that some ofthe pages on Genes requiring a "SAVE" are right at the bottom of my screen and the only way I can get to them is by deleting some of the toolbars including the browser back button.

John

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 24 Aug 2012 21:00

John, Try using changing the zoom level on your browser,

Hold down the Ctrl key then press the + or - key (plus or minus) you will need to zoom out ( minus ) to see the whole page

Roy

Thelma

Thelma Report 25 Aug 2012 14:10

John
On my puter F11 gives full screen.Press again to revert.
Ps
the four arrows box under "Search Trees" is supposed to do the same but dont.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 25 Aug 2012 14:50

Thelma, F11 is another option but it does not work on some PC's

If you it doesn't work you may have a Fn key? Fn is short for function, try holding down the Fn key and then press F11

Roy