Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Announcement from GR .........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Nov 2012 18:50

........ for those of you who don't look at the Announcements Thread, there is a new announcement today

----------

Genes Advisor 6 Nov 2012 10:17

We have now added a News page where we will keep you updated on everything that is happening on the site. Today we have added some new military records to our collection. Read about them here: http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/blog/genes-news

--------

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 6 Nov 2012 19:26

All I want them to do is fix the outstanding bugs and then take a break ... Lundy Island for instance.

Until GRU was taken over by BrightSolid it did not have any record collections. It was also a lot more fun.

Why they keep adding these incoherent bits and pieces, Ancestry-on-a-shoestring I have no idea. Parish records for instance is an out and out disaster yet many newbies join for this blissfully unaware of freereg and FamilySearch. There are all manner of gotchas on the census reocrds never fixed. Gertcha if you work down Shoreditch way.

The only bug fixes they announce are when they have not fixed a bug but say that they have - e.g. Estelle recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4GrPd0H8JI

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 6 Nov 2012 21:15

I only look at Announcements when something is flagged as new - which is not happening at the moment

Certainly do not read blogs