Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

name searches on community Board!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elaine

Elaine Report 17 Jan 2013 10:59

I now and again check posts to see if anyone is searching for Names I have on my tree.. have you now changed this? I did a search on Find Ancestors thread. checked a couple of messages! Wouldn't a name search be more apt and not so time consuming? the Name I had searched for didn't appear? Also there should be a button to be able to see the latest posts first. :-S

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 17 Jan 2013 13:52

Not quite sure how you are trying to search. Can you give an example?

As far as most recent post is concerned, you click on the heading Post Date, to toggle between first and last post on a thread.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 17 Jan 2013 15:14

Hello Elaine,

I think the facility you are talking about was discarded a couple of years ago. If you want to see if anyone on this site has connections to your family, the best thing to do is to click on Search (above) and then on the Search all Trees button. If you find some connections, then you have the option to contact the tree owners for further information.

Hope this helps.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Jan 2013 11:03

Elaine - some how GR has managed to create a 'ghost' of your opening post.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1317774

Could you see if you can delete it please? Ta ;-)

Edit - thread now gone - the gremlins had decided that mine was the first post, which I have now deleted. :-D

Elaine

Elaine Report 19 Jan 2013 20:53

Thanks for the replies .. yes Cynthia it's the surname search I was hoping would still be here, I know I can check on Tree buttons, but in the past I also checked on the Surname search as I maybe looking for a surname I have not actually connected to my tree yet!, In the find ancestor search I just typed a family name I was interested in, it brought up loads of messages, all very interesting but not in anyway what was looking for .