Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lower Breck Road, Anfield, Liverpool

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 29 Mar 2013 20:51

Does any one remember a Dentist's surgery that used to be on Lower Breck Road. Probably Number 160. Does anyone remember what it was called or any dentist that worked there? Please help. It would be much appreciated.

SueCar

SueCar Report 29 Mar 2013 22:06

Hi Heather.

This aroused my interest because my mother lived off Townsend Lane as a child in the 1930's.

I've found this dental practice (ANFIELD DENTAL PRACTICE)
in nearby Priory Rd:
http://www.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/anfield-dental-practice-16907275.html

I have found a Map as well at
http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=MUKMMP&mkt=en-GB&PUBL=GOOGLE&crea=userid25087f41a06d5a7a4b
6fbf384fa64a2272b8#Y3A9NTMuNDI3MzAyfi0yLjk0ODQ
yNCZsdmw9MTYmc3R5PXImcnRwPXBvcy41My40Mjgz
NzlfLTIuOTUwMDUzXzclMjBQcmlvcnklMjBSb2FkJTJDJT
IwQW5maWVsZCUyQyUyMExpdmVycG9vbCUyQyUyM
Ew0JTIwMl9fX2VffnBvcy41My40MjY5OTBfLTIuOTQ4Nj
Y0XzE2MCUyMExvd2VyJTIwQnJlY2slMjBSb2FkJTJDJT
IwQW5maWVsZCUyQyUyMEw2JTIwMF9fX2VfJm1vZG
U9RCZydG9wPTB+MH4wfg==

Hope this is useful.

regards

Sue

Heather

Heather Report 2 Apr 2013 14:21

Hi Sue. Thankyou for getting back to me. Its not what I am looking for I am afraid. Theaddress was definitely 160 Lower Breck Road. My G Grandad was a dentist here and trying to chase some stories surrounding him and his immediate family. I honestly can not find anything though...the surgery was still there in 1910 but thats as much as I have. Again though, I appteciate you trying to help me. Thankyou!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Apr 2013 17:28

SueCar, could you either miniurl or line break that long URl please? It's stretched the thread!!!!

Heather - as SueCar wasn't able to help you, perhaps you might think about posting this on another board, may be Genealogy Chat or Find Living Relatives if your query is going to lead to asking about someone who worked there.

Alternatively, if it's just a 'My favourite Dentist how the area has changed' then General Chat might be appropriate.

This particular thread is intended for us the paying members to make suggestions to the GR team about the site in general.

Yes, the title of the board could well have mislead you. You wouldn't have been the first! :-D ;-)