Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Account security

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Thelma

Thelma Report 30 Mar 2013 13:16

Since I first started in 2003 it has needed me to enter my password to access
"ACCOUNT" not any more.Why is this?

Kense

Kense Report 30 Mar 2013 16:11

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/announcements/thread/1320465
It has been like it since they implemented the above change.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 30 Mar 2013 23:24

I sent the Team a message about this same question a couple of days ago.

Patricia

Patricia Report 3 Apr 2013 09:22

Seems like it may have altered the Auto renew on/off too. I have just checked mine and it was on, I always set it to off.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 3 Apr 2013 20:35

That's odd. I have just checked my Auto-renew and it was on as well, I always set it to on so if the wires had been crossed it should have been set to off.

Apparently you still have to enter your current password in order to change it, and / or your email address.

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Apr 2013 00:08

I didn't need to enter my password/email to see the account details or to make changes.

Not a good idea imo

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 4 Apr 2013 07:46

Yes, that's correct. You can view everything (apart from your password which can never be seen) and make some changes.

Changes to password, email and to delete your account all require you to re-enter your current password.

I'm not sure what happens with the page with your card details as I think this isn't visible until your subscription is up for renewal.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Apr 2013 03:37

That changing of auto renew from OFF to ON has been happening for many years!

I always have mine set to OFF, because I am never sure which credit card I will be using, or whether the number will have changed.

For the last 6 or 7 years, I have always had to double check 3 or 4 times during the year ............. and almost always have found that it has reverted to ON

so ON must the default position.

sylvia