Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Constant Errors Messages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 17 Apr 2013 21:34

Can you please, pretty please do something about the constant 'Sorry'
errors that get thrown up on the threads.

It is not my PC at fault and I am not 'showing off ' when I say that we have 5 computers in the house,(one laptop just over a week old , a mere babe )

There are 4 adults living here , I am the only person who uses GR....so I thought I'd check it out on their computers , with their consent of course.
They have different browsers to myself.

It's the same on all of them, not just on Quiz threads could be any thread.
The message 'it is being looked into' ....when ?

I think I've looked 'into' that message more than you have.

I have cleaned down my PC cache etc etc

If you you check I have posted 8 times today and every time has thrown up an error !

I note that I am not the only person to post about this...but nothing seems to being done.

A very disgruntled GR user.
Sandie.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 18 Apr 2013 00:17

Hi Sandie

One of the two usual responses has been posted on Jude's thread on Errors, posted on General Chat .........................

(paraphrased)
"Thank you for this report. I'll let the Team know"

The other usual response of course is .................

"We know about the problem, and it is being looked at".

The fact is ........................... it is getting worse!

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 18 Apr 2013 14:35

Hi Sylvia ~~

Yes I saw those !

KenSE also made a post on there which makes you and I vulnerable (not his posts..his comments) because of our high postings.

If GR would let me delete my postings I would gladly do as I have done in the past and not ' clog up' the threads and systems.

Sandie.x

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 19 Apr 2013 05:45

Happened to me just now - was so surprised. Found it easy to get back to normal mode though - I just clicked on the GR icon which brought me back to the home page.

:-) :-)