Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RE:Ability to add snippets as a jpeg to posts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GenealogyResearchAssistance

GenealogyResearchAssistance Report 2 May 2013 18:53

I was just on another site doing a look up for a probate record and was really impressed that I could just snip the relevant information and upload it onto a thread.
It would also enable photographs to also be uploaded onto a thread enabling members to ask for advice on dating etc....

This got me thinking as this too is a SMF could we have this feature enabled. :-D

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 7 May 2013 08:39

It would be helpful to be able to post/share images on a thread,

At the moment you can do this using your "Shared media" in the keepsafe which can be difficult for new members to get to grips with

Roy

GenealogyResearchAssistance Report 17 May 2013 21:04

Natasha in your update you say we can use Keepsafe, however this does not work if for example if trying to age a photograph. The flow of the thread would be interrupted if you have to keep going to keepsafe to review the photograph. It would be far better to be able to add it to the thread.

Community

Community Advisor Report 29 May 2013 15:20

Hi TootyFruity,
I do understand and we are reviewing this, as soon as I know more I will update.
Thanks
Natasha

GenealogyResearchAssistance Report 29 May 2013 15:59

Thanks for your reply Natasha, I'll watch this space for updates :-D