Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Being proactive on Genes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 27 Jun 2013 10:51

Since I have been a member of Genes Reunited,, which has been about 4 years now, I have never had one request from anyone. However, I have contacted many people and shared information over this time period and have hooked up with two cousins who are local to me. My feeling is, people are not proactive enough and need to search trees regularly. If you are after information and connections, people need to do some searching, and not just expect others to make contact. It's quite amazing what you can find out!

Lisa Rust

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Jun 2013 12:51

This would probably be better on Genealogy Chat

This board is supposed to be for suggestions directed at GR regarding improvements to the site

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 28 Jun 2013 15:39

Hello Lisa and welcome to the Community Boards.

If you glance over the other boards, you will see lots of help and discussions taking place about all sorts of things. Have a look, you may find it interesting. :-)

Friendly message on its way to Lisa as she is a new poster. :-)