Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ERROR ERROR ERROR

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Sep 2013 03:54

OK OK

I know there are, and have been, umpteen messages over the last 2 or 3 years about the infamous ERROR message

But I am sick and tired of it!

There has not been a single time in the last month that I have been on GR and have not had the ERROR message at least 75% of the time when posting a message.

I have lost all faith in the site.

This message results in a very slow experience on GR ........... it's like moving through treacle, or watching a snail race

There seems to be no incentive for anyone at GR to fix it.

For the record ...........

.......... I get it 75-100% of the time posting a message, and it does not matter whether it is on a very small thread or a very large thread.

and ........................

................. if I get told to "provide details of when it happens" I shall quite literally scream in fury ................... and I can assure you that you will hear it in the UK!

Joy

Joy Report 16 Sep 2013 19:15

It is very irritating.

Now when I see the error message:

Error
Sorry. An error has occurred
The page you were trying to load has experienced an error. This error has been logged and will be investigated.

If you hit the back button on your browser, it will return you to the page you were on, and you may like to try the action again. If you repeatedly experience the same error, please contact Customer Support.

If you were following a link from your favourites, an email or from another site, the link may have changed. We recommend returning to the home page of the Genes Reunited site, and following the existing menu options to navigate to the same content.

To return to the home page, click on the Genes Reunited logo.

I click on
Customer Support

and tell them it has happened; soon afterwards I received an email telling me the bug had been reported and giving a track number.

Community

Community Advisor Report 25 Sep 2013 12:21

Hi Sylvia, really sorry to hear this - I've sent you a PM. Natasha

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Sep 2013 19:17

Thanks, Natasha!

I've replied.

Joy

Joy Report 25 Sep 2013 20:28

And again and again the error message for
http://www.genesreunited.co.za/messages/sent