Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Photographs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 18 Feb 2014 16:03

As a regular on here and on Rootschat (its FREE folks)

I wish you would consider having the opportunity to add photos to queries, like on Rootschat.

Yes I know photos can be added elsewhere, but it would be so much easier if they could be added to the post and then they query and photo would be together.

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 21 Feb 2014 09:04

Oh, good one, DC. I like that suggestion :-)
Let's hope GR does too .

EDIT:
Example: a photo I've been trying to identify for years has my g'mother ,as a young woman, sitting on a pier. I have no idea where it is, she didn't live near the sea. Someone is bound to know the location.

jax

jax Report 21 Feb 2014 14:48

You can put it in your keepsafe then allow anyone to view it Karen

Not that I have ever done it so have no idea......there are people on General chat that have done it though

I like facebooks idea of adding a pic to a post...so easy too

Never used Rootschat so cannot comment

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 21 Feb 2014 14:59

I know about Keepsafe. But I think it would be far better/logical to be able to post a picture with the thread.

Rootschat is FREE to join and many of us from here are on there. It is like these forums but with no tree.

And there are far more dedicated boards. Such as Beginners, Counties, Countries worldwide, WW1 & WW2. Oh and a myriad of other themes.

Do yourself a big favour and take a look, you enjoy helping people, you will find more opportunities to help on there than on here at present.

Love both sites, but feel that Genes could learn a lot from the whole Rootschat setup. :-D

jax

jax Report 21 Feb 2014 16:00

I did join Rootschat some while back, but never used it.

I do help elsewhere now, although if something catches my eye on here I will join in.

Not sure I will be renewing this time as £16 a year (would imagine that's what I will be charged) is not worth it just to help others

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 21 Feb 2014 22:01

I wil take on board all those tips, thank you both :-)

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 3 Mar 2014 12:25

Thanks DazedConfused,

This is something we're looking in to.

Regards

Shelley