Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

false alarm on birth dates: disembodied tick

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maurice

Maurice Report 22 Oct 2014 19:35

Okay, I just posted an angry topic because I thought you had brought back forcing us to enter guessed birth dates for folks for whom they are unknown. The best and most necessary thing that ever happened on GR was when you stopped that, and I invested a lot of time in removing all the made up dates from my tree.

The reason why I just got a message telling me to enter a birth date, turned out to be because somehow there was a disembodied tick in place beside the birth date box. It wouldn't go away just by clicking on it - nor at first was it even apparent because the "enter a birth date" message was written right over it. I got rid of it by entering a random birth date, then removing the tick, then deleting the birth date again. Then all was fine.