Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Janice Flint/Harding search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 26 Oct 2010 17:58

Just a thankyou to those who have responded to my thread you have helped me find out a lot more information and have come up with some possible leads. Thank you so much for your time.

Jackie

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 26 Oct 2010 18:03

Jackie, the first thing to do here is search trees (the button up above) to see whether anyone else has any of your family members in their tree.

There is an interesting result for Janice; one other person besides you has the name in their tree. (edit - wrong person, a coincidence, born the same year)

You can contact tree owners by clicking on their name in the search results. Hopefully, they will still have the same email address and receive your message.

Also, you need to have a tree of your own here with those names in it, so anyone searching for them will find you.

Just for clarity, you're looking for your brother and sister as well?

Jackie

Jackie Report 28 Oct 2010 21:49

Hi there

Thanks for your reply. A couple of people have been helping me out and have come up with loads of info which is fab and I have messaged a few people with matches to my tree.I am trying to find out as much info as I can about both my birth parents and my brother and sister.

Thanks for your help.
Jackie

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 29 Oct 2010 00:02

Maybe you'd just ask the people who've been helping you out (presumably in response to this post?) to have the courtesy to other members to mention this in your thread (if that's the case).

Not to post personal info about living people -- just to post a message saying they are sending you information and what it's related to.

This saves others who see your message from wasting time doing what has already been done.

Jackie

Jackie Report 29 Oct 2010 20:16

ok