Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hilton Horne - Sheffield

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sally

Sally Report 17 Jun 2008 14:47

Trying to find out anything about Hilton Horne, he has his address as living in Penistone Sheffield? he is listed as the informant on my Aunts death cert in 1980, in Rotherham. Who was he married to ????? My Aunt was Joyce Mather. Many thanks Sally

Diane

Diane Report 17 Jun 2008 14:50

Births Mar 1922 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Horne Hilton Mathers Barnsley 9c 499

Diane

Diane Report 17 Jun 2008 14:55

Don't know if this helps there was a marriage of a Vernon Horne and Clara Mathers 1912 Barnsley and these looks like his siblings

Births Sep 1913 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Horne Walter Mathers Barnsley 9c 483

Births Mar 1915 (99%)

Horne Elizabeth Mathers Barnsley 9c 576

Births Jun 1917 (>99%)

Horne Laura Mathers Barnsley 9c 452

Births Sep 1919 (>99%)

Horne Vernon Mathers Barnsley 9c 415

Births Mar 1922 (>99%)

Horne Hilton Mathers Barnsley 9c 499

Diane

Diane Report 17 Jun 2008 14:57

If this is Joyce's birth and siblings then we know who he was. Joyce's nephew

Births Dec 1911 (>99%)

Mathers Mark Rider Leeds 9b 728

Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page

Births Dec 1914 (74%)

Mathers Clara Rider Leeds 9b 753

Births Jun 1920 (>99%)

Mathers Joyce Rider Leeds 9b 869

Gillian

Gillian Report 17 Jun 2008 15:04

Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page
Marriages Dec 1912
Horne Vernon Barnsley 9c 397
Massey Clara Barnsley 9c 397

Sent other details off list.

Regards

Gillian

Sally

Sally Report 17 Jun 2008 15:06

Hi Libby, Thanks for your help.
Joyce was born Dec 1919 in Cardiff, this was her second marriage to Edgar MATHER. They were married in Staincross. I am trying to find anything to do with the Mather family, i am trying to do it in a round about way, as nothing the most direct way !!! Sally

Sally

Sally Report 17 Jun 2008 15:09

Thanks Gillian i am not sure about Hilton, but thanks anyway. Sally

Diane

Diane Report 17 Jun 2008 15:26

So info no good then?

Do you know when and where Edgar was born?

Libby

Diane

Diane Report 17 Jun 2008 15:31

Could this be Edgar's birth?

Births Jun 1918 (94%)

Mather Edgar Dore Penistone 9c 555

Sally

Sally Report 17 Jun 2008 15:59

Hi Libby, thanks for your help again, that looks very much like it could be the one i am after.
Sally

David

David Report 6 Jul 2008 22:36

Hilton Horne from Penistone is (was) my Gt Uncle, I have photo's & plenty of info on the Silkstone & Barnsley Hornes.

My grandfather was Rufus Horne, Hilton's younger brother.

David Horne