Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Iles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 18 Mar 2007 17:42

Ia anyone researching the ILES family from nr Bristol? Francis ILES was born c.1680. He married Mary JACOB in Oldland on 22 April 1703. Their son Henry was bap. 6/7/1718. Henry ILES married Ann FUDGE on 16 April 1747, at Bitton. Their son Edmund bap. 14 Oct 1750 at Oldland Chapel. Edmund ILES married Ann BEVAN 9/11/1777 at Bitton, St Mary.Their son Edmund was bap. 19/1/1783 at St George’s church. Edmund ILES (1783) married Hannah Hiscox 14 Oct 1804 at Bitton St Mary.They too called their son Edmund (bap. 24/12/1820) Edmund ILES (1820) married Caroline DERRICK, daughter of William DERRICK a stonemason, on 30 September 1838 at St Mary, Bitton, and their daughter Caroline was born 4 September 1840. Caroline was my 2xgt grandmother. has anyone else got this family in their tree?

Mark

Mark Report 23 Nov 2007 19:43

I have Iles in the tree but so far I haven't got as far back as 1820. Joseph Iles (1834) is the furthest I have on the system though there are othe iles before this on other trees. I also have been given some notes that I haven't located with more Iles. I would be interested in viewing your tree.

Linda

Linda Report 27 Oct 2008 22:10

Jackie, I believe that the surname Iles is also in my family tree and the connection is with Gloucester and Dudley. My 3 x grandparents came from Kingswood in Gloucester a Jonathan Taylor and Mary Hiscox both born around the 1800 mark, they left Kingswood and went to Dudley where I can see them on the 1841 census, I believe that Mary's brother Samuel Hiscox also went to Dudley around that time.
I also think there is some connection with the surname Perriman as they had a nephew Matthew Perriman living with them at one time he was also born in Kingswood.
Do any of these names link with your tree and if so I would be very interested to hear from you.
Regards Linda.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 27 Oct 2008 22:11

Linda,

Have you tried to send a message to Jackie - just click on her name - she might not be a member now.

Maureen

Linda

Linda Report 27 Oct 2008 22:33

Maureen, Thank you for that tip.

Regards Linda.