Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Edith Johnson and her daughter baby Edith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Radcliff

Radcliff Report 17 Apr 2009 19:17

I am looking to find any one connected to Edith Johnson born Tynemouth or North Shields 1900 and her little girl also Edith Johnson born 1921,Edith the mum died 27th June 1922 and the baby Edith 25th March 1922,they died in the workhouse and my great grandmother Annie Riddle shares their grave in Preston Road ,I would like to make contact ,and clear up the grave it is a little untidy,but if there is family up there I would prefer to have their permission,I hope I havnt said any thing to hurt or offend here,please get in touch id these people are members of your family,Thankyou Gillian

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 17 Apr 2009 19:56

In case it helps (you didn't say whether you know her family composition), this is the closest match for her in 1901:

Name: Edith Johnson
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1900
Relation: Daughter
Mother's Name: Margaret
Where born: North Shields, Northumberland, England

Civil Parish: Chirton
Registration district: Tynemouth

Margaret Johnson 26 - married, born Gateshead, Durham
John Johnson 5
Margaret A Johnson 3
Edith Johnson 1

A member of GR has

Margaret Johnson 1876 GATESHEAD Tyne and Wear England

in her tree.

Radcliff

Radcliff Report 17 Apr 2009 21:44

Thankyou Evie,
I know nothing about them at all other than they are buried with my great grandmother,and their admission to the work house,they may be totaly unrelated to my family,and the connection may only be that they all died in the work house,Gillian

Radcliff

Radcliff Report 7 May 2009 12:33

Just a little addition to this posting,Ediths father registered her death ,his name was William Johnson,her mothers name was Keady,and they lived at 30 Coronation Street Tynemouth,so if a family member drops by this posting please get in touch,best wishes Gillian

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 7 May 2009 12:42

This must be the marriage.
William Johnson married mar qt 1921 Tynemouth. Spouse Keady no first name 10b 454

Radcliff

Radcliff Report 7 May 2009 12:50

God love them they werent married very long Gillian,

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 7 May 2009 13:52

Gillian,
Quinsgran has posted marriage of William Johnson, I have just looked on findmypast wife is Edith Keady 10b 454.

Sylvie

Radcliff

Radcliff Report 7 May 2009 22:14

Thankyou ladies my greatgrandmother was called Annie Riddle and she died in the workhouse in 1933,the grave is a public one and has not been purchased ,its not to far from where Annie lived in North Street North Shields as I walked there myself recently,I am going up again in a couple of weeks to tidy the grave again,it was just a shock to find two other people there that I cant find a connection to,Annies sister married a Carl August Johnson in Tynemouth but I havnt found any brothers or sisters for him either,thanks Gillian