Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Robert Lower living in Durham missing census retur

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 29 Jun 2008 19:30

One of my many great great grandmothers was Elizabeth Lower who married Alexander Bonallie in 1844 in Sunderland, from her wedding certificate her father is called Robert and is a journeyman, Elizabeth's children were called Alexander, Elizabeth, William, Catherine and Robert, I know Alexander's parents were William and Elizabeth, and Alexander would have been named after his father so that leaves Robert and Catherine, which is why I believe this could be Elizabeth's family, unfortunately I've not got all the census returns for Robert and Catherine Lower so any info would be appreciated. I know Elizabeth was supposed to have been born around 1812-1815 in Berwick on Tweed from Census returns but I've yet to find a birth for her, so any info would be helpful.

1841 census for East Rainton Durham. NO indicates that they were not born in Durham
Robert Lower 50 saddler No
Catherine 50 No
George 20 No
Margaret 10 No
Robert 10
Giles Walker 1

1851 England Census
Robert Lower Age: 60 born: Hexhan, Northumberland, England
Civil parish: Hetton Le Hole
Registration district: Houghton Le Spring
Sub-registration district: Houghton
ED, institution, or vessel: 3e