Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find McGough

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

James

James Report 19 Apr 2003 12:12

Trying to trace ancestors of BRIDGET McGOUGH born in Tallanstown, Clogherhead, Co. Louth, Ireland circa 1890. She married Patrick Cunningham a Clogherhead fisherman. She claimed to be the last of the McGough's in the county. Her parents or grandparents may possibly have come from the neighbouring county of Armagh which is now across the border in Northern Ireland.

Charles

Charles Report 16 Sep 2007 14:11

Hello:
I am searching for my McGough family's town of origins in Co.Louth.
My g-g grandparents were: Thomas and Rose (McGough) Campbell;b.abt. 1825 NY/Co.Louth, IRL.They raised their family in the Geneva, NY, USA area. Rose had a twin named Thomas McGough who eventually relocated his family to the Detroit MI area.
Any additional info about this family would be appreciated.
Best regards from Western NY
Chuck Keenan
[email protected]

Elsie

Elsie Report 20 Sep 2007 15:13

Hi ,dont know if this info, is relevant in any way but, Owen Mc Glone b 1833 ,in Ireland was the son of John Mc Glone and Rosanna Mc Cough.
Owen married Isabella Gray at st, Johns Catholic Church, Glasgow in 1855 . Would like to know if there is a connection, Cheers ,Elsie Beet-Atkinson (nee Mc Glone )