Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

may stansfield

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 6 Mar 2008 14:14

please could anyone help me find anything out about my granmother may stansfield. she gave birth to my father eric in 1947, i'm not sure what happenned to her then as my father was adopted by his fathers new wife alice, my fathers name is eric ebbs, his step mothers name was alice baker and his real mothers name was may stansfield. i think she lived in nelson, lancashire, any info will be greatly appreciated.

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 6 Mar 2008 14:33

so do you think they were married. May and your fathers dad I mean?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 6 Mar 2008 22:28

not sure whether may actually married robert ebbs

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 6 Mar 2008 22:36

robert ebbs may have been married before he had a child(my father) with may stansfield, i think she might have died, robert then met and married alice baker(nee forest) as alice had been married before too, robert ebbs lived in hurtley street in burnley, may stansfield i believe lived in nelson she may have had a sister called martha, i really hope you lot can help me as i feel like im banging my head against a wall, many many thanx, jackie

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 10 Mar 2008 13:31

i found a bit of info on may, she lived at 28 seldon street, nelson, lancs and was a cotton weaver, may and robert registered my fathers birth on the 17th dec 1947, i dont think may and robert married, robert ebbs was born in burnley,lancs 0n the 16th may 1906, ive no idea who his parents were and i would love to find out, i would also like to know who robert did marry before my father was born as its believed that he had children, thanks guys for all you help and i hope you can help me more xx

lulabelle

lulabelle Report 11 Mar 2008 16:44

There is this death of an Ebbs for that date.

Alice Ebbs 16 May 1906 Aug 1986 80 Burnley and Pendle Lancashire

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 12 Mar 2008 12:18

i doubt there would be any deaths for may stansfield as i dont think she married robert ebbs, on my fathers birth certificate shes called may stansfield,on the adoption certificate it says eric stansfield entry number 219 on the 17th dec 1947 in the district of nelson, does this help????