Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Christine and Angela Dodd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley

Shirley Report 11 Nov 2008 10:29

I have visited the records office here in Bristol and verified that my father (John William Dodd) married Joyce Barrett in the last quarter of 1961 in Northumberland. Some months later in first/second quarter of 1962 their first daughter, Angela Dodd was born. About 12 months later, their second daughter Christine Dodd was born. I haven't yet sent off for birth certs to get exact date of births. My father (from whom I am estranged) told me that following marriage breakdown, Angela was adopted and Christine was fostered. I will contact the Adoption Register at some point, but in the meantime, does anyone know anything that could help me in the search for my sisters please?

Samspade

Samspade Report 11 Nov 2008 10:33

Have you done a quick search (at the top of this page)?

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 11 Nov 2008 10:46

If Angela was adopted her birth certificate will indicate this in the right hand column BUT if Christine was only fostered it will not show anything more than an ordinary certificate.

If Christine is just fostered I would say she would be the easiest to find as she most likely kept her birth name as she will not have any other birth certificate issued unlike when you are adopted.

Shirley

Shirley Report 11 Nov 2008 11:14

Thanks everyone, I shall take on these tips.

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 11 Nov 2008 11:21

PM to OP