Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SEACRET UNCOVERED HELP NEEDED PLEASE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacky

Jacky Report 15 Jan 2009 10:10

well what can i say i paid for some 1911 census credits this morning & uncovered something about my gt grandma & grandad that even my mum or her siblings did.t know as i have just phoned them to see if they could throw any light on a certain person but they can.t mum said her dad my grandad never mention the certain person at all so i went onto look for her to see if she married or when she died etc but NOTHING at all is listed apart from her birth so wondered if anyone could see if they could see her on anything so here is what i know

on the 1911 census her name is OLIVE IRENE HOLLINGWORTH born YORKSHIRE HARROGATE step daughter aged 7 so i went onto look for her birth & found it its listed as born 1904 KNARESBOROUGH whitch i belive came under harrogate at the time so is the right birth in 1911 census living with george henri lowth & annie elizabeth lowth (nee hollingsworth ) she is stated as step daughter so annie must have had her before marrying george lowth my problem is that is all i can find on her i would also like to mention on the census it gives her surname as HOLLINGWORTH but annie her mother.s surname was HOLLINGSWORTH ( the s has been dropped in between the holling & worth ) but have tried bothe spellings but still nothing apart from her birth WHAT HAPPENED TO HER where did she go ????

thank you in advance for any help
jacky

Dea

Dea Report 15 Jan 2009 10:21

There is this marriage in 1925?

Olive Hollingsworth 1925 Mellson Bradford Yorkshire - West Riding, West Yorkshire
Richard H Mellson 1925 Hollingsworth Bradford Yorkshire - West Riding, West Yorkshire

Dea x

Jacky

Jacky Report 15 Jan 2009 10:28

hi dea
sorry my last post was so long i forgot to mention that at some point between olive been born in 1904 & my gt grandparats getting married in 1910 annie & olive moved to newark lincolnshire area from harrogate as that is where my gt grandparents were married & where my grandad was born along with his 2 other siblings so i.m thinking that this is where she may have married or died i too spotted that marriage you found but discounted it as in the 1911 census there were living in long bennington lincolnshire notts
jacky

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 15 Jan 2009 10:32

Hi Jacky,

If you order her birth Certificate we would know her exact DOB, we maybe able then to pick up a death for her under her married name. (Using just the DOB and Olive Irene)

Dee xx

David

David Report 15 Jan 2009 10:34

That means you require a trawl through the Full Index Quarter by Quarter from 1911 in the hope you see an Olive I Holling*

Good Hunting

Jacky

Jacky Report 15 Jan 2009 10:50

thank you for help & advise will send for birth cert
jacky