Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HOW CAN I GET A BIRTH PLACE FOR MY MOTHER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nigel

Nigel Report 18 Dec 2009 16:28

HOW CAN I GET A BIRTH PLACE FOR MY MOTHER. BIRTH
1930 TO 1983 LIVED WINCHELSEA BEACH CAN NOT GET HER BIRTH CERT TILL I FIND WHERE SHE WAS BORN..
ANY HELP PLEASE

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 18 Dec 2009 16:30

Go to freebmd and look under her name..........

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 18 Dec 2009 16:40

Put the name on here, Nigel...................plus the full details of her parents

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 18 Dec 2009 17:15

PM rec'd - AGAIN!

AGAIN.
MUM NAME WAS PATRICIA GEORGINA TONG IN 1983 WHEN SHE DIED, DOB 21 09 1930..MUMS PARENTS HERBERT NORMAN RENDALL&FANNY RENDALL MAIDEN NAME CUMMING, WED 1931. PATRICIA WAS NOT REGISTERED UNDER EITHER OF THESE NAMES!! HER SISTERS WERE REGISTERED IN BATTLE RYE E/SUSSEX . ON THEIR REGISTRATIONS THEY HAVE THE ISLE OF WHITE FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON. SO I AM AT A LOSS!!!
NIGEL

BTW Isle of White does not exist..........it's Isle of Wight!

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 18 Dec 2009 17:19

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Mar 1931 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cumming Fanny Rendell Croydon 2a 636
Rendall Herbert N Cumming Croydon 2a 636

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 18 Dec 2009 17:20

Jessica Rendall Jan Feb Mar 1932 Rye Sussex, Isle of Wight

Jean M Rendall Apr May Jun 1937 Battle Sussex, Isle of Wight

Norma Rendall Jan Feb Mar 1939 Battle Sussex, Isle of Wight

Ignore the reference to the Isle of Wight

Helen in Bucks

Helen in Bucks Report 18 Dec 2009 17:58

there is this one showing on Ancestry, mmn is different?
Name: Patricia G Rendell
Mother's Maiden Surname: Mulhall
Date of Registration: Jul Aug Sep 1931
Registration district: Basingstoke
Registration county: Hampshire, Berkshire
Volume Number: 2c
Page Number: 369

Helen in Bucks

Helen in Bucks Report 18 Dec 2009 18:29

remember a DOB on a death cert is only as accurate as the knowledge of the informant, even if this was someone very close to the deceased it is possible for them to get it wrong (more commonly the year than the day and month), e.g. my late father-in-law has always celebrated his birthday on 31st Dec and always thought that was his birthday, but when I got his birth cert it was actually the 30th