Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Austria ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anna

Anna Report 10 Mar 2010 15:46

My grandfather named Anton Lorber was born 3 April 1925 in a village named Schopfendorf, which is in Karnten (Carinthia in English) in Austria. His father was named Anton Lorber also, born about 1900 +/- 5 years and owned a farm in Mettersdorf, Steiermark, Austria. His mother was Theresa Schopfer, born in about 1905 and died in childbirth in 1925. I cannot seem to go any further back as I cannot find any Austrian genealogy. I would be very grateful if anyone could help please :)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Mar 2010 16:52

the only Lorber's I am finding are either in Germany or France

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Mar 2010 16:53

just found these

18. Theresia Lorber - International Genealogical Index / CE
Gender: Female Birth: 13 SEP 1883 Edelstauden,Heiligenkreuz-W, , Steiermark, Austria

19. Tereza Lorber - International Genealogical Index / CE
Gender: Female Birth: 15 SEP 1919 Kapfenberg, Steiermark, Austria

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Mar 2010 16:53

Tereza Lorber Pedigree
Female
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 15 SEP 1919 Kapfenberg, Steiermark, Austria
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: Bartolomeu Lorber Family
Mother: Rosa Lorber

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Mar 2010 16:54

Theresia Lorber Pedigree
Female
Event(s):
Birth: 13 SEP 1883 Edelstauden,Heiligenkreuz-W, , Steiermark, Austria
Parents:
Father: Georg Lorber Family
Mother: Josefa Schwarz

Anna

Anna Report 11 Mar 2010 12:49

Thanks for that Ann, her maiden name was Schopfer so unfortunately none of these people, but thank you for the help :)