Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Victor Messenger

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ozqld

Ozqld Report 26 Mar 2010 13:46

Victor Messenger of Yorkshire born c1900, married Ethel Pearson in 1965, his second marriage. Had connections with a Wool Factory in Honsley. Can anyone tell me how to go about researching Wool Factories in that area.

Thanks Chris

Flick

Flick Report 26 Mar 2010 13:55

You could try googling

Ozqld

Ozqld Report 26 Mar 2010 14:10

Thanks Flick

Have been down that path with no luck.

Flick

Flick Report 26 Mar 2010 14:24

I have never heard of a place in Yorkshire called HONSLEY - in which part of the county is it?

Ozqld

Ozqld Report 26 Mar 2010 14:38

Thanks Michael

I live in Australia so no able to follow up with libraries in the area.

Flick thanks for your reply I believe the place was Honley somewhere near Huddersfield in Yorkshire.

He is believed to have been an owner or part owner of a Wool Factory, according to my mother who is quite adamant about this, although another family member say he was quite high up in a Candle Making Factory possibly Price's Candles. Very conflicting info and not sure about how to go about getting info on who owned or was on Board of Directors of Wool or Candle companies around the time of say 1930 to 1960.

Chris

Mary

Mary Report 26 Mar 2010 15:14

I googled candle factory in honley huddersfield,first resut mentions Kaye and Messenger candle factory at Nieley near Honley.
go to page and it tells about photo of night worker at candle factory in 1952.

Third result on same page as photos of people packing candles at K+M and also shoe polish.

So is this the one?

Maryb

Ozqld

Ozqld Report 26 Mar 2010 15:34

Thanks Maryb

If he was involved with a candle factory then that would be the one and I suppose he is the Messenger part of it. I will see if i can find a local history society on google and see if I can find out more.

Regards Chris