Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Gooley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim

Kim Report 22 Feb 2007 01:33

Hi, I am trying to find more information on Catherine Gooley. I have come to a dead end and can not trace anything further back on her family. Catherine Gooley married John Proudfoot in Sydney, NSW Australia in 1885, I have an idea that her father's name was William and mother was Judy (Judith) but can not confirm it. I believe she was born in 1870 in Binalong NSW, Australia and her and John had 4 children being: James b1886 John (aka Jack) b1888 Isabella b1891 Catherine Agnes b1896 I would appreciate if anybody could please assist in confirming Catherine Gooley's parents or any other additional information regarding my G/G Grandmother's family. Thanks Heaps.

Christine

Christine Report 16 Oct 2007 21:32

Hi Kim - I have copied the births listed from NSW birth records of the children born to William & Judith - the preceding numbers are the certificate numbers and V preceding means that NSW was not separated from Victoria at the time of birth (as far as I know)
5309/1860 GOOLEY MARY
V1850120 68/1850 GOOLEY MARGARET
V1851820 68/1851 GOOLEY MARGARET
V18521971 70/1852 GOOLEY MICHAEL
V18551028 72/1855 GOOLEY SARAH
6993/1870 GOOLEY CATHERINE

I am researching the Gooley family along with a distant cousin - We are connection to William Gooley and his wife Mary (Dwyer) who came out on the John Knox in 1850. I don't have a connection to William & Judith - they possibly arrived in Australia 1849 and came out as a family - however all the names are the same as in our line (i.e. traditional names passed down) I have downloaded all of the Gooley births deaths & marriages from NSW and put them into a spreadsheet for easier searching - and cannot find anything in NSW for them. I will check with Kath when she returns from Sydney and see if she knows anything. Cheers Chris