Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hawkridge

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephen

Stephen Report 25 Jun 2006 20:01

I would like to find anyone who thinks they may be related to the following members of the HAWKRIDGE family: Daisy (1887) Hannah (1889) May (1892) Jessie (1894) Rose (1898) Emily (1901) Edward (1905) - my Grandfather William (1908)

humbug73

humbug73 Report 4 Jan 2008 14:01

Hello Stephen. Could you tell me from which area of the country your Hawkridges originated? Regards, sandra

Susan

Susan Report 24 Jan 2008 16:48

Hi Sandra
These Hawkridges are from England. These particular members were living in London, but originally from Derby a few generations previous.
Regards Sue

Peter

Peter Report 1 Dec 2008 00:46

The Hawkridges are originally from a small village in Devon, called Hawkridge.

The story goes that following the Norman conquest, a piece of land in Devon was given to a French soldier, The soldier took the name of the area, Hawks Ridge

Peter

Peter Report 1 Dec 2008 00:50

I was told the story of the origin of The name by mother-in-law Freda Hawkridge. Her Mother I believe was Emily Hawkridge. The birth year seems about right