Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Scarth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 2 May 2006 19:54

Hi, I am trying to find any descendants of my grandparents Thomas Crawshaw Scarth from Leeds, born 1903 died 1983 and May Scarth (nee Bray) born 1903 died 1979. They had 2 sons and 1 daughter. I am the daughter of their younger son, George. If you have any information that can help me build our family tree I would be most grateful.

Paul

Paul Report 27 Nov 2007 21:39

Hi Caroline,
My Grandad was Harry Garnett Scarth and my Grandma's maiden name was Phylis CRAWSHAW.I guess they were born around 1889 approximately. My Dad was Joseph Francis Scarth.who married Edith Hopwood.
My Grandad had an elder sister called Jane Scarth who never married and a younger brother Matthew Scarth. As far as I know they were all born in Morley, Leeds. Jane bought a guest house in Morecambe, Matthew went to Morecambe also where he married and had two sons John and Robert Scarth. I'm David Scarth, I was born in 1943, I know very little about the Crawshaw side but as a child I remember an old aunt named Hannah and my parents mentioned a cousin of my Dads who lived in the Quarry Hill Flats in Leeds but I don't know from which side of the family they came.
Regards David