Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Read

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marjorie

Marjorie Report 20 Feb 2006 03:40

Marjorie Lynch (nee WHITTLE) I am searching for details of Walter William Read. He was my mother - Doreen Mary Whittles' Father. Walter was married to Florence Ann Hale and they had five children. Eldest Frederick, then Dolly(Dorothy Florence) then Reginald Noel and Evelyn Maud then Mum Doreen Mary being youngest. Walter William was a Master Butcher, he died in an accident but had left the Marriage when Mum was around 5 yrs. Florence Anne moved to Chadwell Heath. Ilford Essex with two Daughters, My Mum (Doreen) and older Sister Dorothy (Dolly) from Strathyre Ave, Norbury, Surrey. Fred Read married Blanche and had seven children. The eldest Son was named James. Would be about 63yrs now. Fred was a Naval Officer Served on the HMS Warspite at some stage. Reginald married Marjorie Dyson (Peggy) brought up Marigold. Dolly (Dorothy was a Tutor Nursing Sister who never married. Evelyn probably a nurse also, who married Ernest Caustick. Evelyn died of cancer. My Mum Doreen married Bernard Clifford Whittle and there is six children. Robert, Marjorie, Victoria, Marilyn, Michael, & Stephanie. I believe that Mum Doreen is the only one left in her family. But I would love to be in contact with Cousin James Read lived at Chatham when he was a teenager or brothers and Sisters. Also Marigold Read married name unknown. Florence Ann Hale 1878 wife of Walter was brought up on a Horse Farm in the countryside. where ???? I would appreciate any information at all please.